The V3 Copper kit replaced our V2.1 kit with threaded caps to compress the pack’s connections. This helps ensure consistent connections even under high vibration environments but eliminates caps from cracking.
Each V3 Copper kit comes with enough components to build a battery with up to thirty-one (31) 18650 cells.
To build a battery with more than 31 cells, simply combine multiple kits together to reach any battery size you need. Note that we intended for 30 cells but always add the extra one as a spare.
Each basic kit includes:
- 31 positive body tubes (enough for 31x 18650 cells)
- 31 Negative threaded caps that screw into the positive body tubes
- 60 copper-alloy nuts
- 80 pure copper bus bars coated in pure nickel for corrosion resistance and high conductivity
- 4 nickel-coated copper main wire clamps (for charge/discharge wires)
- 1 handy fastening tool - this does both the threaded caps and the metal nuts
The VRUZEND 3 kit includes all the parts necessary to join your cells together and create all of the electrical connections. However, you’ll still need a charger to charge the battery and a BMS if you’d like to use one (recommended for safety). You’ll also need 18650 cells.
- No soldering or spot welding required… at all! You can finally build a battery with nothing more than your bare hands!
- End cap standoffs – four posts on the end of each cap keep the conductive metal components off of your workbench and help reduce the chance of short circuits. Safety first!
- Customizable and adjustable – build a battery of any size, and increase the battery voltage or capacity as your needs change. By simply moving or adding cell blocks and series or parallel connections, you can increase the voltage or amp-hour capacity of your battery easily!
- Serviceable – if a cell ever dies, you can easily open up the pack and replace it!
- High power – The V3 kit is rated for 20A per cell, allowing you to power even your highest power devices!
For assembly you’ll supply the handy tool free in each kit - that all you need to get the job done!
We recommend that for best results, you limit the current draw of the battery pack you build with Vruzend V3 battery caps to approximately 20A continuous per cell. Current bursts of up to 25 A are acceptable, but for periods not exceeding 10-15 seconds. Higher current results in more waste heat being generated which can rob your pack of performance. That means that if you build a battery with 3 cells in parallel, you should try not to exceed about 60A continuously with that pack, though bursts of higher current are ok.
Also keep in mind that if your pack is contained without air flow around the cells, you’ll want to use somewhat lower current per cell as well, as the kits are rated at 20A per cell with sufficient air flow. We believe that 20A per cell will be enough for nearly any project though, and few 18650 cells can even withstand higher current than that anyways!
If you have any questions, please message us.
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.