These are the newest Version 1.6 kits made from nickel and can handle 5A. They have deeper caps and barrel bolts to hold the kit very securely together especially in high vibration environments.
The V1.6 kit replaced our V1.5 kit by adding barrel bolts to compress the pack’s connections. This helps ensure consistent connections even under high vibration environments. The caps are also deeper to better secure the cell and slide together more smoothly for easier assembly.
Each quarter V1.6 kit comes with enough components to build a battery with up to fourteen (14x) 18650 cells.
To build a battery with more than 14 cells, simply combine multiple kits together to reach any battery size you need.
Each basic kit includes:
- 28 cell terminal blocks with nickel spring contacts (enough for 14x 18650 cells)
- 28 screw terminals and nuts
- 33 pure nickel bus bars for corrosion resistance and high conductivity
- 2 nickel main wire clamps (for charge/discharge wires)
- 3 custom barrel bolts for holding the battery tightly together
The VRUZEND quarter v1.6 kit includes all the parts necessary to join your cells together and create all of the electrical connections. However, you’ll still need a charger to charge the battery and a BMS if you you’d like to use one (recommended for safety). You’ll also need 18650 cells.
- No soldering or spot welding required… at all! You can finally build a battery with nothing more than a socket driver or wrench and your bare hands!
- End cap standoffs – four posts on the end of each cap keep the conductive metal components off your workbench and help reduce the chance of short circuits. Safety first!
- Customizable and adjustable – build a battery of any size and increase the battery voltage or capacity as your needs change. By simply moving or adding cell blocks and series or parallel connections, you can increase the voltage or amp-hour capacity of your battery easily!
- Serviceable – if a cell ever dies, you can open up the pack and replace it!
Here’s a short video showing how to use the new Vruzend battery building kits on YouTube. It is illustrated the use of the barrel bolts.
For assembly you’ll need a 5.5 mm socket wrench or nut driver. We know that’s a bit of an odd size, and even if you have a metric set of drivers, it usually jumps from 5 mm to 6 mm. So we’ve made it easy by supplying an inexpensive 5.5 mm nut driver - please see this link for that item.
Beginning with the V1.6 update, the caps have been widened very slightly to make the assembly process easier. This means that the caps aren’t as extremely tight as they were in previous generations though. That should not be a problem with the use of the new custom-made barrel bolts, as these hold the pack tightly together and ensure the best possible connections.
You are sure to need many other items for your build such as cells, a bms, silicone cabling, heat shrink, connectors, Kapton tape etc. Take a look at “sellers other items” for all of these and more – save on postage with a combined order.
Included in the box you will get:
28 Caps suitable for 14 cells
33 Nickel Bus Bars
2 Nickel Main Wire Clamps
3 Custom-made Barrel Bolts
If you have any questions, please send us a message
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.